How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

, You wrote:Expert: Freudman replied 3 years ago. A

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: You wrote:Expert: Daniel Freudman replied 3 years ago. A lawyer can be sued in pretty much the same grounds that any other professional can be sued- negligence, fraud, misrepresentations, defamation, etc. In your case, all of the grounds I just listed seem like they may be appropriate.You would sue this lawyer by filing a Statement of Claim against him, claiming 'damages' (monetary compensation) to compensate you for the suffering you endured as a result of this lawyer's improprieties. If his acts are unduly egregious, then you could also try to claim punitive damages, which represents money awarded to you to punish the lawyer for his misdeeds, rather than awarded to compensate you for your losses.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $39 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 1 year ago.

What exactly is your question?