I am wondering if my own recordings of my daughter's

Customer Question
accounts of her visits with...
I am wondering if my own recordings of my daughter's accounts of her visits with her father are admissible?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
2/16/2016
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Debra, Lawyer

Are you saying that you recorded conversations between yourself and your daughter and would like to provide these as evidence in court?

These would be admissible in court. They were obtained legally because you consented to the recording and only one party to a conversation needs to consent to a recording. So they would be admissible as evidence so long as the judge agreed that these recording are relevant.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Debra, Lawyer