How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99931
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I invested in a small business which is incorporated. The

Customer Question

I invested in a small business which is incorporated. The business didn't have credit for a power Hookup so I used my other business to get the power hooked up. The founder of the business i invested in never paid the power bill and now it has been transfered over to my current business and a disconnext notice issued. Do I have any way legally to recoup money from the business I invested in to pay the power bill
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

How much are you owed from the new business?

What province is this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The bill is for $3400. This is in Newfoundland
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You can send the small incorporated business a demand letter by Registered Mail. In the letter set out the facts and provide the business with a deadline for paying you in full. State in the letter that if they do not comply you will commence legal proceedings and then will be seeking interest and your costs.

You can sue them in Small Claims Court and can self-represent and if it gets that far and you find you need some help as you go through the process you can always post on this site again and I can assist you further.

Related Canada Law Questions