What is the statute of limitations on a MIF Deficiency

Customer Question
What is the statute...

What is the statute of limitations on a MIF Deficiency Jugdment

Lawyer's Assistant: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

This is over 10 years old i have not got an tax return back in over 10 years when i file they thax my return $16000 has cost me over $40000

Lawyer's Assistant: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.

Went Through a devorce the house was sold for $16000 less than owed I was unemployed my ex ended up paying 00.60 on the dollar that was supposed to be it but the end of it because she owned a how out east the bill colector screwed me over and said i owed the balance he split the debt I have not had a tax return for over 10 years as I explained ..Try fightin with the government I thought there would be a staute of limitations..just got anothe letter that they will still be taking my tax return

Lawyer's Assistant: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?

No but can tou tell me is there a statute of limitations..

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
2/13/2016
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Debra, Lawyer

What province are you in please?