How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been in a relationship since november 2011 we moved

Customer Question

I have been in a relationship since november 2011 we moved into a home we bought it is in her name she is seperated but not legally divorced on feb 17 2012 she now wants to break up and says om intiteled to bothing because we r not common law because she is not legally seperated what am i entitled to
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Did you each contribute the same amount to the home?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she paid morgage and i paid everything else
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

So are you saying you paid the down payment, but she pays the mortgage payments?

So far how much have each of you paid to the mortgage payments, down payment and any repairs and property taxes?