Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

1 was the executrix of my late brothers will Date of death

Customer Question

1 was the executrix of my late brothers will Date of death 1990.The WHSIB have requested a notarized copy of his will as they have re-opened a number of claims against General Electric for lung cancer related deaths. My brother was 42 .
I did not keep any records and have tried to locate a copy-I did not file for probate.
I understand that the firm he used Robertson and Robertson no longer exists as both partners are deceased; the firm was in Peterborough,On.
Is there any way I can obtain a copy of the will as if the claim is allowed and a settlement reached it would benefit his two sons who were 10 and 14 years old when their Dad died.
My brothers name was Michael John Gregg born Apr.3,1948 died Jan.28,1990
My name is***** nee Greggg-any help you can provide is appreciated
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Do you know who took over the firm's files when the firm was dissolved?