How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Copperlaw Your Own Question
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2016
Experience:  Lawyer and Retired cop. Drug expert, breath tech, negotiator, traffic specialist. Criminal, Family, Civil and others.
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Copperlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What can I do? I filled with labour board 1 year ago wages

Customer Question

What can I do? I filled with labour board 1 year ago for lost wages and vacation pay 350 hours unpaid 500 dollars for vacation now they said there is nothing they can do for me . I even called lost job lawyer they said they can't do anything. Labour board said I can't do small claims because he filled personal bankruptcy please help this is a 4000 dollars lost for me
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.

Good evening

I wish I could give you some good news, however if the former employer is bankrupt, there is absolutely nothing to get from them, either through the courts or through a Labour Board judgement, mediation or arbitration. With the employer having gone bankrupt, they are the only one you could have recovered these funds from, so there simply is no source from which to recover.

Unfortunately, the Labour Board is correct, as is the lawyer you spoke with. Any further efforts would be a waste of your efforts, since even if you hired a lawyer and obtained a judgement, it could never be enforced, you'd never get your money and you'd have to pay a lawyer to get that judgement for you.

I am so sorry that this has happened to you, however I do not want to see you go throwing good money away chasing a debt you'll never recover. Plus, chasing this will only result in further stress and aggravation for you.



Related Canada Law Questions