What can I do? I filled with labour board 1 year ago wages…

Customer Question
What can I do? I...
What can I do? I filled with labour board 1 year ago for lost wages and vacation pay 350 hours unpaid 500 dollars for vacation now they said there is nothing they can do for me . I even called lost job lawyer they said they can't do anything. Labour board said I can't do small claims because he filled personal bankruptcy please help this is a 4000 dollars lost for me
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/12/2016
Lawyer: Copperlaw, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Copperlaw
Copperlaw, Lawyer

Good evening

I wish I could give you some good news, however if the former employer is bankrupt, there is absolutely nothing to get from them, either through the courts or through a Labour Board judgement, mediation or arbitration. With the employer having gone bankrupt, they are the only one you could have recovered these funds from, so there simply is no source from which to recover.

Unfortunately, the Labour Board is correct, as is the lawyer you spoke with. Any further efforts would be a waste of your efforts, since even if you hired a lawyer and obtained a judgement, it could never be enforced, you'd never get your money and you'd have to pay a lawyer to get that judgement for you.

I am so sorry that this has happened to you, however I do not want to see you go throwing good money away chasing a debt you'll never recover. Plus, chasing this will only result in further stress and aggravation for you.

Regards

Jim