Receiving an email at 12:35am terminating my contract, can…

Customer Question
Receiving an email at 12:35am...
Receiving an email at 12:35am terminating my contract, can that be considered a constructive dismissal? I also need to speak to a lawyer on vancouver island regarding employment termination, any siggestions?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
2/10/2016
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Debra, Lawyer

It would not be constructive dismissal. Constructive dismissal is when the employee is driven to resign.

That letter is a dismissal letter and so it may be wrongful dismissal but not constructive dismissal.

You can contact the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be $25.

The number is:

(###) ###-####or 1.***-***-****.