How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100451
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What do I do with a will I no longer am POA for?

Customer Question

What do I do with a will I no longer am POA for?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying that you are safe keeping the will for the parent?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was in that I chose to be her caregiver. Family arguements led to me wanting to revoke POA and even will.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have mailed letter with signature witness by bank offical to both my mother and her lawyer. She is 87. She weent against me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I lost the POAs papers????mysteriously wonderring if they were stolen or just lost somehow in transit
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

If she has a lawyer than simply send the will to the lawyer. In the covering letter say that you were keeping this for safekeeping but no longer are going to be involved in her life and do not want the responsibility of keeping this will safe.

That should be all you need to do and you will be relieved of any responsibilities.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
emotionally very difficult for me to be in control of the situation. Am stressed and just told now I have a bigger hernia and inflammed stomach lining.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

You clearly don't need this additional aggravation and so it is a good idea to let someone else take over so you can heal in peace.

Related Canada Law Questions