How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100424
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Back to my 85 year old father. We have discovered that he is

Customer Question

Hi there, back to my 85 year old father. We have discovered that he is competent. No capacity assessment has been done. However my half brother has had dad sign over $80,000.00 to him in addition to putting a motorhome in his name. We suspect he is also prepaying his own account from dad's bank account! Dad wants my mother, one of his ex's to be his POA now. He has always trusted her judgement. How soon and how can this be done?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Your father can revoke the power of attorney appointing your half-brother and should send a copy of this revocation to all the financial institutions. He can appoint your mother to act under the power of attorney and should then forward that document to all of the financial institutions as well.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Related Canada Law Questions