Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Back to my 85 year old father. We have discovered that he is

Customer Question

Hi there, back to my 85 year old father. We have discovered that he is competent. No capacity assessment has been done. However my half brother has had dad sign over $80,000.00 to him in addition to putting a motorhome in his name. We suspect he is also prepaying his own account from dad's bank account! Dad wants my mother, one of his ex's to be his POA now. He has always trusted her judgement. How soon and how can this be done?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Your father can revoke the power of attorney appointing your half-brother and should send a copy of this revocation to all the financial institutions. He can appoint your mother to act under the power of attorney and should then forward that document to all of the financial institutions as well.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.