How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101438
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am thinking of immigrating to Canada with my wife. My wife

Customer Question

I am thinking of immigrating to Canada with my wife. My wife and I are both self employed software engineers making over 230,000 CAD per year. Is it possible to immigrate to Canada and continue working as self employed, or would we both need to find jobs there first?An online points calculator said I have 67 points.I hold a UK passport and my wife has an Irish passport (I can also get an Irish passport). We currently reside in The Netherlands.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You would not be able to apply under the self-employed category as that is limited those in the cultural/arts fields or who can manage a farm.

But you may be able to enter as a skilled worker even if you don't have a job offer.

I suggest you review this information as your first step and then consider retaining an immigration lawyer in Canada to assist you: