I am filling out the forms Divorce. but I 't know how to…

Customer Question
Hello, my name is*****...

Hello, my name is***** am filling out the forms for Sole Divorce. but I don't know how to word the Affidavit for my spouses adultery. and he also, does he have to sign the document?

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Ok. we separated on Sept 17/15 for a month. He came back home and stayed for about 4 weeks. he left again on Nov.19/15. that is the day I found out he had committee adultery with his ex-wife and I asked him to leave. he never came back. and he is currently living with her.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
2/2/2016
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Debra, Lawyer

Is your spouse willing to admit adultery on a sworn affidavit?

he is.

I will try and find something online for you. What province are you in please?

ok. Alberta

I'm sorry but I can't seem to find anything at all online.

You would set up the affidavit the same way you would setting up your own affidavit. I can provide a link to the form your own affidavit if you don't have that.

You would set up the facts very, very briefly and then you would have him swear it before a commissioner of oaths. A clerk at the courthouse can swear it. But this is a sworn statement so he has to sign it before someone who is authorized to take is oath.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.

ok. please send the link.
Debra, Lawyer