Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am filling out the forms Divorce. but I 't know how to

Customer Question

hello, my name is***** am filling out the forms for Sole Divorce. but I don't know how to word the Affidavit for my spouses adultery. and he also, does he have to sign the document?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: ok. we separated on Sept 17/15 for a month. He came back home and stayed for about 4 weeks. he left again on Nov.19/15. that is the day I found out he had committee adultery with his ex-wife and I asked him to leave. he never came back. and he is currently living with her.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $39 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Is your spouse willing to admit adultery on a sworn affidavit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he is.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I will try and find something online for you. What province are you in please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. Alberta
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry but I can't seem to find anything at all online.

You would set up the affidavit the same way you would setting up your own affidavit. I can provide a link to the form your own affidavit if you don't have that.

You would set up the facts very, very briefly and then you would have him swear it before a commissioner of oaths. A clerk at the courthouse can swear it. But this is a sworn statement so he has to sign it before someone who is authorized to take is oath.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. please send the link.