If a non indian male has a child with a native girl and she…

Customer Question
if a non indian male...
if a non indian male has a child with a native girl and she has played head games im pregnant then im not then a child is born exactly when it should have been does she have the right to keep him from the childs life because he is not a status indian. now let me tell you money has been sent to her for this child because she says its his and he doesnt deny the child is his. and the child has a family on this side that wants to contribute to his well being I tried to talk to childrens aid and because of not having indian status it seems like i have no leg to stand on could you tell me the steps to take to get visitation rights.I also reported to c a s that she was doing drugs while carrying my son and since she denied it they never investigated.i want to be a part of my sons life so he can know me and I him thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/26/2016
Lawyer: Ulysses101, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ulysses101
Ulysses101, Lawyer

Hello, thank you for the question.

Firstly, when is she due to give birth?

Is there a chance that you're not the father?

she gave birth dec 19 2014 a boy born in the ambulance the other possible father was tested and child is not his

Have you asked her about seeing the baby? About whether she listed you as the father?

I wouldn't be surprised if you're not getting a lot of co-operation, especially since she's lost her other children and obviously she knows that you called the CAS about her.

I have to get to work but can i get back to you in the morning please leave a message on what i have to do to contact you in the morning thanks

We can continue whenever you like. Just reply to me on this thread from your account. Don't start a new thread or the site will charge you again.

I'm still here when you have time to talk about your matter.

this is jack sheets you can call me at(###) ###-#### ***** message is for ulysses101
will contact lawyer later

Hi, I'm glad you're back. I don't do phone calls, I'm afraid. I consider that service to be contrary to the rules of my law society.

Shall we continue? My last post was this:

"Have you asked her about seeing the baby? About whether she listed you as the father?

I wouldn't be surprised if you're not getting a lot of co-operation, especially since she's lost her other children and obviously she knows that you called the CAS about her."

i have seen the child and even the mother went with me to visit my sister stating he is my child no I dont believe im on the birth registration she promises to send pictures of him but then never does do you think a letter from a lawyer would help or not as I was sending her money for day care expenses but not sure if she was using it for child or not

Have you had contact with her since you called the CAS? They went to interview her, right?

Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor