I was wondering if it is legal to travel within Canada with…

Customer Question
Hello I was wondering if...
Hello I was wondering if it is legal to travel within Canada with my daughter to a different province without permission of her dad at the time we do not have a custody agreement drawn up and it will be on my schedule time with her?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
1/25/2016
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Debra, Lawyer

There is nothing preventing you from doing that if you are just going for a visit.

You just cannot move her to another jurisdiction without a court order or consent.

But taking a trip within Canada is completely fine so long as there is no order or agreement to the contrary.