I have a question my husbands study permit expired, he

Customer Question
Hello I have a question...
Hello I have a question my husbands study permit expired, he applied late for a renewal and it was refused. Now he is asked to leave Canada but I can't allow that because we are married and there's a kid involved, please how can I solve this situation immediately.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
1/25/2016
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Debra, Lawyer

Are you willing to sponsor him for permanent residency status as your spouse?

I am

Then you can start that application now. He will be able to be sponsored from within Canada without legal status.

So this is your best route.

But he cannot study at this point and if he breaches that law he will be deported.

Your best next step is to retain an immigration lawyer to assist with the application. If it is not done correctly it can take a very long time. As well, there is no right to appeal if the application is refused when the application is made from within Canada.

Okay sounds good.
I have applied for a permanent residency for him already to sponsor him so how do I go about that. The application is already in but we did it ourself without a lawyer.

Then why don't you quickly have a brief consultation with an immigration lawyer to make sure all was done correctly and if it is then you are fine.

Okay how do I do that because the application is in, so how would we know the status of our application

You would just meet with the lawyer and have him review the facts and what you submitted.

You can call the call center to check the status of your application.

Okay thank you

You are very welcome. I am sorry this happened and that you are so worried but it sounds like you are moving in the right direction and all should be well.

I hope so and I hope the police won't be coming to my door soon to take him away for his study permit.

But they won't because he is permitted to remain because of the sponsorship.

Okay so if they ever come I have to tell them that so they know

But it won't happen as the police will not be called by anyone as he is permitted to remain.

Alright then

I hope you can stop worrying soon!

I hope so

You sound too much like me, which is not good!!!

Oh really I guess I met the right person for the solution

I think you did.

When you rate me the post will not lock so down the road post back and let me know this worked out.

How do I go about that

Just come back to the site and click on the question. There is no further charge of course.