On Friday we received an email from the present general that…

Customer Question
On Friday we received an...
On Friday we received an email from the present general that we are working with and need help how to respond to this comment...
We are requesting that you speak to John as discussed, on two different occasions, both the Site
Super and I have detected the odor of alcohol on him. This creates an unsafe work site and is against our
“Zero Tolerance” policy.
This is a malicious lie about him and we can personally say that this worker is a one beer drinker and does not come in drunk (worked with him for many years). They never advised him (or us) on these so called days and it is just hear say as far as we are concerned
They have no proof just innuendo and they are In violation of WCB harassment-free work place...
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
1/24/2016
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Debra, Lawyer

Is he in a union?

We are the sub-contractor and he works for us a sub-contractor (no union)
We are in Alberta Canada is that matters
this is waht I started writing..In regards ***** ***** statement about John smelling of alcohol. These comments are very serious allegations since he rarely has more than one beer and after our conversation with you on the phone, you still forwarded this information to Jim.
Neither, Nuwest nor John was advised on these alleged dates nor did we receive any documention of these incidents so these allegations are made after the fact and fall under WCB violations (as per attached).
Under WCB Alberta this is a serious allegation under harassment (see attached) and we at Nuwest strongly believe in supporting ourselves and our employees with a harassment-free work.

I don't think you should say that he rarely has more than one beer. It makes things a bit more questionable and it is not their business.

What is their business is only what happens at work and you are completely denying that he drinks at work. That is all they need to know.

You can go on and say that he has worked for you for..... years and his record is exemplary and should speak for itself.

Then make your excellent statements about harassment and the lack of documentation.

Can you please draft me up the proper way to say this...if needed I will pay you for the added work
Are you able to do that for me and I can just fill in the spaces? Let me know as soon as possible for I need this drafted and sent today or early Monday morning...
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I am not able to do that for you nor am I able to speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. In Canada my law society prohibits me from speaking to you on the telephone or doing documents for you because you are not my client.

I am sorry about that.

ok, but I didnt really get a complete answer for the 52.00..I needed a lot more
I needed help with the wording

The site makes it clear that we do not form a solicitor client relationship with the customers. I am prohibited from giving you wording . I can answer all of your questions but I cannot do more than that. I cannot breach the rules of my law society for any customer. I am truly sorry about that. But if you consider this realistically, there's no lawyer that is going to draft a letter for you for the nominal fee that we receive. We received a portion only of what you paid the site and even for the full amount you pay decide you are not going to find any lawyer to do wording for documents. Legal representation is very expensive. That is why I do as much as I can on the site to help customers because the legal system is so expensive. But I cannot go beyond what my law society allows me to do.

ok thanks

You are very welcome.i'm really sorry I could not go as far as you wanted.