Has any one ever claimed fees in small claims court of bc…

Customer Question
has any one ever claimed...
has any one ever claimed for lawyers fees in small claims court of bc
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
1/23/2016
Lawyer: Ulysses101, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ulysses101
Ulysses101, Lawyer

Hello Silvia, thank you for the question.

Did you win the case? And now the judge wants written submissions on costs, due in a week?

No we didn't win yet. Let's go back to the beginning. This is a story of a friendship gone bad.we shared a rental property together. So we had to put it up for sale.we had to get a lawyer to do this.our friend was charged twice with stalking. We now have a restraining order against him.fot a year and a half it has been a nightmare.all he did was accuse us of steal ling money.to which we never did .he has made us spend thousands of dollars for nothing. When the house sold we had to put 5000 dollars entrust with our lawyers to figure out who owes who. he was trying to financially ruin us, so we closed our file with our lawyer and now pursuing this in small claims court. we are representing our selves and when we went to the pretrial his lawyer try to get the lawyers fees thrown out. So the judge asked us why he should leave it on the table, so he told us we had one week to come up with some evidence that he should still like this for dispute. so I need to know If this has ever being done and if so I need some proof to present to the judge. Thanks
Can i use the human rights act? Between him and his lawyer.they have been harassing us for a year and a half with lies and innuendos ?

I believe that you don't like the other lawyer, but let's assume that lawyer is just doing the job that he/she is being paid to do.

Tell me about your small claims court claim. What are asking for, and on what basis?

Is your week up? Did you get some legal help on your small claims costs issue?