How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100977
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What kind of lawyer do I need to represent my family and

Customer Question

What kind of lawyer do I need to represent my family and myself, in numerous wrong doings by the rcmp, do to witness protection.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear this very difficult situation.

You should retain a senior civil litigation lawyer who has had experience dealing with the RCMP and or the government or else a senior criminal lawyer who is willing to consider this type of case.

You can check on a site called lexpert. This is a legal directory of leading lawyers and law firms throughout Canada and is well-respected by the legal community.

Here's the link to their website:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your answer, I have spoken with every top law firms in the area, I found one criminal defence attorney, to come for a consultation, but he may not take the case either, everyone else, said they have not dealt with a situation like this and they will not help, the name of a firm or lawyer that will look at this would be great, anywhere in canada, preferably in the Toronto area would be a great help
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

We are not permitted to make direct referrals.

But what I suggest you do is contact some of the large downtown Toronto law firms that are known to take on some big cases that are not of the corporate commercial type. For example, if you can find a large downtown law firm that has taken on a prominent humans rights case, or a criminal law case that would make the most sense.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome, I sincerely ***** ***** works out.