How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is the alienation of affections recognized as an injury in

Customer Question

Customer: Is the alienation of affections recognized as an injury in Canadian Law?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My daughter refuses to let me spend any time with her children, my granddaughters. Do I have any recourse?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $39) to post your type of question to Canada Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes. My daughter lives in Austria but each year visits her mother, my ex-wife, in Ottawa where I live. She and my granddaughters, every summer, spend 6 weeks together at my former wife's apartment, within a 10 minute walk of my apt. Normally, my daughter brings the girls to my apt. for one or two visits, neither of which ever exceeds 4 hours. I am unable to negotiate any more time with them. Can the law help me?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

How old is the child? How did the child come to live in Europe rather than with either parent?

Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

I'm still here if you want to discuss your family law matter.


Related Canada Law Questions