How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100408
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Some time ago my step daughter asked me to sign Telus

Customer Question

Some time ago my step daughter asked me to sign for a Telus account for her, which I foolishly did, she did not pay for the service and now Telus has sent the acct. to collections. The amount of the debt is $2700 including non return of their equipment, can I take her to court to recover this cost?. plus I recently learned that she also opened a sirius Satellite Radio account and used my charge card number without consent to do that. this has been withdrawn from my charge card since April 2014. I am a 67 year old senior on a fixed income and can't afford this.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Yes you can most assuredly sue her. What you should do is send her a demand letter by registered mail and in the letter set out the facts, provide her a deadline for reimbursing you for all the monies she has cost you and tell her that if she fails to comply you will commence legal proceedings and then will be seeking interest and your costs.

You can sue her in small claims court and self represent. If it gets that far and you find you need some help as you go through the process you could always post on the site again and I can assist you further.

Related Canada Law Questions