Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I loaned $150,000 to a friend month now having trouble to

Customer Question

Customer: i loaned $150,000 to a friend for 3 month now having trouble to get repayed
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i do have a letter, pers. guarantee, but how good is it can i put alean on property?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $39 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

To be able to read to register a lien on title you first need to obtain a judgment. This means you should be sending the person a demand letter and then if they fail to comply with the deadline that you should set for repayment in the letter you would commence legal proceedings.

When you get a judgment you can then seek to enforce it against their assets. You can seize bank accounts or other assets, garnish wages or register liens on title.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, thank you i will do as you recommended
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome.

Expert:  ronald-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/canada-law/9ib9o-customer-loaned-150-000-friend-month-having.html).
Thank you, ***** Support Team.