I left my abusive alcoholic husband last year. My family…

Customer Question
I left my abusive alcoholic...
I left my abusive alcoholic husband last year. My family doctor reported concerns of my husband's alcohol use around the kids. He is also physically and emotionally abusive to my children.when my husband was arrested with domestic assault. They called cas then, after he breeched he was rearrested (he assaulted me in front on the kids) as well as when he was convicted. They claimed they were never called. Their "investigation" was only ever partially done and they write letters for my ex husband who is a teacher. Now they are offering to meet with me and my lawyer and the case worker with her lawyer. Is this weird? I just want their support for supervised access to keep my kids safe.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
1/21/2016
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Debra, Lawyer

If your actual question about whether you should have a lawyer attend with you?