How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I left my abusive alcoholic husband last year. My family

Customer Question

I left my abusive alcoholic husband last year. My family doctor reported concerns of my husband's alcohol use around the kids. He is also physically and emotionally abusive to my children.when my husband was arrested with domestic assault. They called cas then, after he breeched he was rearrested (he assaulted me in front on the kids) as well as when he was convicted. They claimed they were never called. Their "investigation" was only ever partially done and they write letters for my ex husband who is a teacher. Now they are offering to meet with me and my lawyer and the case worker with her lawyer. Is this weird? I just want their support for supervised access to keep my kids safe.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

If your actual question about whether you should have a lawyer attend with you?