How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101375
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex is verbally abusive to my son when my son visits. He

Customer Question

My ex is verbally abusive to my son when my son visits. He yells and screams at my son and calls my family Jewhaters, manhaters, and abductors. My ex's rage is very frightening to my son who is 13. We have no custody arrangement but I have been caring for our son always and his family gives me child support. Can I withhold visits utility my ex agrees to stop assassinating my character?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

As there is no order or agreement in place because your child lives with you, you are said to have de facto custody of your child.

So unless there is an order or agreement made in the future for now you have the right to make all decisions including those relating to access.

But at the same time you should be careful because if the father takes you to court he will try and show that you are trying to harm his relationship with his son. So you have to be clear that these rages are harming your child and he is becoming afraid and is not just because he is saying terrible things about you.

Do you see what I mean>