My ex is verbally abusive to my son when my son visits. He…

Customer Question
My ex is verbally abusive...
My ex is verbally abusive to my son when my son visits. He yells and screams at my son and calls my family Jewhaters, manhaters, and abductors. My ex's rage is very frightening to my son who is 13. We have no custody arrangement but I have been caring for our son always and his family gives me child support. Can I withhold visits utility my ex agrees to stop assassinating my character?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
1/21/2016
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Debra, Lawyer

I am sorry to hear this.

As there is no order or agreement in place because your child lives with you, you are said to have de facto custody of your child.

So unless there is an order or agreement made in the future for now you have the right to make all decisions including those relating to access.

But at the same time you should be careful because if the father takes you to court he will try and show that you are trying to harm his relationship with his son. So you have to be clear that these rages are harming your child and he is becoming afraid and is not just because he is saying terrible things about you.

Do you see what I mean>