How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101388
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have another question. So my husband is Canadian and we

Customer Question

Hi Again,
I have another question. So my husband is Canadian and we are about to start the process for immigration to the states. He is unable to come to the states until he has visa now, due to issues at the border. So I was hoping to obtain a temporary work permit to work in Canada to be close to him. Is there anyway to do this ? I did some research and it seems like I would need to be sponsored. And that really isn't an option. My field is as a Chef, but for this short period of time I wouldn't want to take a chef position, just a cook position or some general labor at starbucks or something. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  JenniferImmLaw replied 1 year ago.

Hi again.. I'm going to have to move your case to Canada immigration law. I'm only familiar with US immigration law :)

Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

You would have to receive an offer of employment and then your employer potential employer would have to apply to the government for what is called a labor market impact assessment. That is where the government decides whether or not there are enough Canadians to fill your position. If there are not then you would get a positive Report from the government and then you can apply for a temporary work permit.

There is no other way that you can work in Canada aside from applying through this process. I'm sorry about that.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

This question has continued to come back onto my open list. Generally that means that you have replied. But, I don't see any reply. I am sorry but if you did reply would you please try again?