I have another question. So my husband is Canadian and we…

Customer Question
Hi Again, I have another question...
Hi Again,
I have another question. So my husband is Canadian and we are about to start the process for immigration to the states. He is unable to come to the states until he has visa now, due to issues at the border. So I was hoping to obtain a temporary work permit to work in Canada to be close to him. Is there anyway to do this ? I did some research and it seems like I would need to be sponsored. And that really isn't an option. My field is as a Chef, but for this short period of time I wouldn't want to take a chef position, just a cook position or some general labor at starbucks or something. Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
1/20/2016
Lawyer: JenniferImmLaw,
 replied 2 years ago
JenniferImmLaw

Hi again.. I'm going to have to move your case to Canada immigration law. I'm only familiar with US immigration law :)

Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Debra, Lawyer

Thank you for your question.

You would have to receive an offer of employment and then your employer potential employer would have to apply to the government for what is called a labor market impact assessment. That is where the government decides whether or not there are enough Canadians to fill your position. If there are not then you would get a positive Report from the government and then you can apply for a temporary work permit.

There is no other way that you can work in Canada aside from applying through this process. I'm sorry about that.

This question has continued to come back onto my open list. Generally that means that you have replied. But, I don't see any reply. I am sorry but if you did reply would you please try again?