I am a spanish citizen and have my family here in canada and…

Customer Question
I am a spanish citizen...
I am a spanish citizen and have my family here in canada and planning to work here. What is the best way so that i can work legally here?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
1/19/2016
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Debra, Lawyer

Are you in Canada right now?

When you talk about your family are you referring to your spouse? If so is your spouse a Canadian citizen or permanent resident?

my 3 sisters are living here, they are already a canadian citizen. no sir,my wife is also a spanish citizen.Actually im here right now in edmonton having my vacation for 3 weeks.

I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers the service but the rules of my Law Society prohibit me from doing this because you are not my client. I assume that the law in the US is different. The site is based in the US.

There is no way to apply for a work permit from within Canada when you are here on a vacation.

Rather, you can obtain an offer of employment now and then go home and start the application process for a work permit.

Your potential employer has to apply to the government for what is called a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). What this entails is the government reviewing the job market to ensure that there is a shortage of Canadians to fill your job. You cannot take a job away from a Canadian.So, you have to have a skill, or work experience, in an area where Canada needs workers and there aren't' enough Canadians who have that skill or work experience.

If that's the case then the government will give the employer a positive LMIA.

Then you can apply for the work permit.

You will need to prove your credentials and also need to undergo background, medical and criminal checks.

Here's the webpage that has all the information you will need including the forms and information about the fees:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/index.asp

if that is the case,need an employer to apply to the labour market sorry to tell you coz i dont have any employer to sign any work contract here.im a civil and sanitary engineering graduate from the Philippines but i dont have any work experience in my field of frof. all i have is that long year of exp. in restaurant as a cook. 20 years of experience. thank you sir..

You need a job offer before you can get a work permit.

I am sorry about that.

But if you want to immigrate you should consider if you meet the requirements of a skilled worker and you can read about that here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp