I live in Ottawa, I have been separated legally from my

Customer Question
I live in Ottawa, I have...
I live in Ottawa,
I have been separated legally from my husband for eleven years.
We have 3 children ages 15, 13, 12 years old
11 years ago We went to family courts and to criminal court, I won my case against him in criminal court. In family courts, he gets to see his children once every 2 weeks supervised. He pays only 80 dollars in child support for the 3 children?
I've tried to apply for divorce but it's involving the children, so I'm not going in that direction anymore.
I have a boyfriend now. He is not a canadian citizen.
QUESTION :
can I apply for a common law application without getting a divorce from my husband, we are legally separated?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/19/2016
Lawyer: Ulysses101, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ulysses101
Ulysses101, Lawyer

Hello, thank you for the question.

You have an arrangement or contract or order already, right? I appreciate that it's 11 years old. Do you have a copy of that document or court order handy?

No I don't
You mean the separation?
We didn't sign legal papers for that but my tax papers say I'm separated

I know it was a long time ago, but you said that you were in family court 11 years ago. He has a supervised access order, and child support. I'm just confirming that this was made into a court order, right? Do you have that order with you?

I'm still here if you want to discuss your support situation.

Ulysses