How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is **** ***** Five years ago when my husband died, I

Customer Question

Hi , my name is **** *****
Five years ago when my husband died, I sold my house and put my money to invested in a restaurant name Chef Hung Taiwanese noodle house, that's is the franchise own by the Fairchild group , I own 49% for the first west Vancouver location, and after eighteen months we open another location in Westbrook village, at that time I adjust the share to 34% in both location. We have the partnership agreement with the terms of I have to work in the restaurant minimum 30 hours by the minimum wages and I will get the return of addition 10% on top of my share, those two restaurants has their individual company to hold with same condition. Until today I never get appropriate financial statements from the company, and I'm still working as a supervisor (as they call me ) for almost five years, I try to talk to them in many ways but never get any response to solve the problem, their answer always is they have the right of total control. I need some legal advance of my right.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying that you are not getting your 10 per cent or that you don't know if it's correct?

Why aren't you being shown the financial statements of a corporation of what you are in a shareholder? In other words what explanation are you being provided?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Totally investment that I made for two restaurants are over 500,000. I didn't get a penny back till now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What you want me to do next
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I make the live phone call, or what offer can I make in this stage
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He always said will communicate with the account department, and never get answer back
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry but I actually cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know that the site offers a this service but the site is based in the US. In Canada my Law Society prohibits me from speaking on the telephone to you because you are not my client.

Is okay for us to go ahead and continue by posting up and back?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe I have to look up for the Canadian firm, thank you for your trial , can you confirm to my request of stop the trial service and make sure I'm not been charge for . Thank you for your time
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I cannot do that. I don't work for the site. I am a practicing lawyer and log into the site the way you do and answer questions that I see need to be answered that I know I can answer.

If you don't want to go ahead that is fine of course.

If you made a deposit to the site you can contact them and ask for a refund or you can go ahead with me, I can provide some information that will help you in terms of getting ready to see a lawyer and suggest how to find one.

Related Canada Law Questions