How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We recently learnt that a trade with whom we are in dispute

Customer Question

We recently learnt that a trade with whom we are in dispute is using pictures of our house in literally all of his marketing material. We have never given this company permission to use our pictures. Given that we are very unhappy with how they have handled the project we do not want them using our pictures. We would never recommend them to anybody (and funny enough, he has never used us as an actual reference). Is it within our right to ask him to remove those pictures? Is there a specific Canadian law that we can cite?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

How were they able to take the photos?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Our designer was permitted to take photos. Our guess is that she shared the photos with the trade.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Did you have an agreement with her that the photos would be kept confidential.

And are these of the inside of your home?

Have you told the designer your concern?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pictures are from inside our home.
The designer sent a professional photographer over to have the pictures taken.
We did not sign any release for the pictures either with the photographer or the designer.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Did you ask the designer or the photographer who gave the photos to this person?

Related Canada Law Questions