How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question regarding defamation. We are currently

Customer Question

Hello I have a question regarding defamation. We are currently involved in a child custody and access case. We meaning my partner and I. My ex is pulling out all the stops and has now. Publicly published (court documents) stating my partner is a drug addict and I am a neglegent mother. My partner is very high up in his company as well as they do drug testing. He has never done drugs, or has had any trouble with the law. They have now started calling and harassing his work saying they are calling from a lawyers office. ( when we traced the IP address it came back to his cousins house lol) they have now involved work and lodged a FACS investigation on us. We have nothing to hide or be ashamed of however work is being missed due to this and now their work is being harassed. What do we do? Do we have grounds for a lawsuit. I know his company is less then impressed
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello Corynn, thank you for the question.

Is this family matter currently in litigation? Your meeting on the 18th, is that a Settlement Conference at court or a meeting outside court?

Is your lawyer doing a decent job, other than being currently unavailable while on vacation?

Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello Corynn. I'm still here if you want to discuss your matter, although the emergency may be over. Is there anything about this you want to discuss with me?

Related Canada Law Questions