Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

From Invermere BC, We built a commercial building several

Customer Question

Hello from Invermere BC,
We built a commercial building several years ago here. The Village has rezoned our area and won't allow us to rent to our original zoning, effectively putting us out of business. Can you suggest a law firm who does this type of work in BC? Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

We are not permitted to provide specific names but I can suggest a couple of good ways of finding a lawyer if that will help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please do😛
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

What you can do to find a lawyer is one of the following things.

You can contact the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be $25.

The number is:
(###) ###-####or 1.***-***-****.

Or you can check on a site called lexpert. This is a legal directory of leading lawyers and law firms throughout Canada and is well-respected by the legal community.

Here's the link to their website:

http://www.lexpert.ca/Directory/DirectoryContent/FindLawyersOrFirm.aspx

I hope that helps as a starting point.