How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100506
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need to know how I can get resident paper in Canada if I

Customer Question

Need to know how I can get resident paper in Canada if I enter as a tourist
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Are you asking about applying for permanent residency status?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will like to know how is it possible for me to permanent or temporary resident in Canada if I go in as a tourist and am pregnant too . If possible
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Unless you are entering as a student and then will complete a degree and then work in your chosen field or unless you had a spouse to sponsor you, you cannot apply for PR status from within Canada.

Your being pregnant has no relevance unfortunately.

As a visitor in most cases you can remain in Canada for up to six months and sometimes you can get that extended.

So that may work in your case.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay but can I do any of that after am inside Canada, and is there no temporary resident? And can you tell me more about extending my visit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also is there no any other ways to get papers in Canada? If there is can you please explain how ?
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

A visitor is a temporary resident. There is no other type of temporary resident.

There is no other way to get PR status from inside of Canada.

But also, even from outside of Canada you need grounds to apply such as being a skilled worker.

Related Canada Law Questions