How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100057
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have the intention of returning to Canada after two more

Customer Question

I have the intention of returning to Canada after two more years working in South Korea. What are the requirements and fees for sponsorship? Do I need to hire a lawyer to do all the paperwork and how much does it cost for the service?Thanks,
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

The way this works is that the sponsorship application and the permanent resident application go in together. Once you are approved as a sponsor your spouse's application will be processed.

She will need to undergo medical, background and criminal checks.

It will take about 17 months for the application to be processed.

Here is the link to the webpage that has all the information and forms:

The fees are provided there.

It is likely better to retain a lawyer but it is not required.

Related Canada Law Questions