How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100466
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I worked company over 7 month. I was bully, putting down,

Customer Question

I worked for a company over 7 month. I was bully, putting down, because of my accent on daily basis, by one of employee and when I complain to District Manager, she told me to get alone with this person otherwise...
It was more employees who were bully and wrote a letter to DM, but nothing happen.
Most people quit and I was let go.
DM told me they let me go because I went for lunch with some employees, and me being manager it is against policy.
I never went for lunch with employees and I have written testimony.
I send complain against this company with BC HR.
My question for you is, can I find lawyer who would help me go through this case and I could pay him/her after?
I live in Vancouver BC.
Thank You,
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Would you like for me to explain how to find this lawyer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You can contact the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be $25.

The number is:

(###) ###-####or 1.***-***-****.

When you speak to the lawyer ask the lawyer if he/she will take on your case on a contingency fee basis. That is where the lawyer takes a portion of what you win in court if you win.

If no lawyer will agree to do that then ask the lawyer if you can pay with a payment plan over time.

Related Canada Law Questions