How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother coerced my mother into giving m the property that

Customer Question

My brother coerced my mother into giving him the property that was the bulk of her estate by saying he would stay and live in the same province close by and watch her directly after my father passed away---but he never had that intention-instead after she signed said property over to him he resided across the country and ended up selling said property therefore leaving her without that property to leave her a comfortable position for retirement
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear that.

Was your mother mentally competent when she signed over the property?

How old was your mother when this happened?

When did it happen?

Is your mother still living now and if so is she mentally competent now?

I may have some other questions once I hear the answers to these.

Related Canada Law Questions