How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** *****. I lent 10 thousand to a friend 0f

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I lent 10 thousand to a friend 0f 40yrs.....lives in another province .... transaction was done online, with a verbal on the phone ....where do I sue
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what do you want to know?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $39) to post your type of question to Canada Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for requesting me.

Where do you live and where does your friend live?

Was there any agreement (in writing or verbally) that talked about how to enforce the loan and where to enforce it, which laws apply etc?

Related Canada Law Questions