How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99984
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are in the midst of a separation process. If my wife said

Customer Question

We are in the midst of a separation process. If my wife said she felt frightened that I would hit and convinced the children that I hit her the past which is not true. What course of action should I take?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You should be retaining a family lawyer to assist you with this case because this is going to get very complex if you both wish to remain living in the home or if you both want custody of the children.

You should not move out of the home at least till you have obtain legal advice and she has no more right than you do to lock you out of any room of the house.

You should also start you consider who can be your witnesses in case she does make false allegations against you.