How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in British Columbia my son Graham *** *** who is 42

Customer Question

Hello my name is Cathy ***** and I live in British Columbia my son Graham *** *** who is 42 years old and a plumber to trade lost his drivers license in a DUI approximately one and a half years ago and is currently trying to get it back as it is an important part of his being able to drive and travel for work purposes .
Until this time he has been working locally has managed to turn his life around after the death of his child and his wife leaving him he now appears to be a more responsible person.
About a month after losing his licence that carried no criminal charges he will be required to participate in a responsible drivers course but cannot do so as he also lost his wallet on the building site where he was working, this wallet carried all of his other personal identification including his Canadian Citizenship card and this is where our problems arise, without at least two pieces of picture I.D. one being citizenship I.D. the other being a drivers licence one cannot even be allowed to apply for either document to be replaced or complete an application for BCID without the aforementioned documents .
We do have all of the original birth certificates etc. that will be required but having a problem getting past the first part of the application without the required documents that have been lost. Can you please advise us.
Thank You
Cathy ***
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Has he applied for replacement citizenship card?