Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I'm in a little pickle here and finally gave up and Wana

Customer Question

Hi I'm in a little pickle here and finally gave up and Wana tale some actions! I gave my pants and coats and stuff for dry cleaning, pants spose to be altered and dry cleaned but they lost my pants, I couldn't even dress up to the occasion I got them dry cleaned for amd on top of that it's been exactly 2 months now and they been trolling me and kept giving me dates and fooling me and I was being nice and going along but now I'm pissed and want to teach them a lesson or two so can someone tell me my rights here, can I even go court for this ? And how much I can sue them for or whatever? Plzz and thank you I'm from regina sk ca fyi
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For some reason my email not being accepted where it spose to so I'm leaving it here***@******.*** thanx and plz help me out asap !
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Are they not saying that they are going to compensate me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm meeting them.tomorow at noon, so far it seems like they won't cuz they are ignoring me and trying to say I didn't even drop off the pants , my my gf dropped off the stuff and pants were there and when I went to pick em up they were missing and I showed them and they took my number and marked on recipt that it's missing ! I Wana know how much can I ask them ? I duno the number I deserve and they deserve to pay
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I know that you feel that they have handled this terribly. But, all you can really demand is what a court would order that you get paid. And, the court would order that you get paid for what it would cost to replace the pants. The Court may order a nominal fee for inconvenience but it would not be much more then a very nominal fee.

I'm sorry this happened to you and I'm sorry that I couldn't give you the answer you were likely hoping for but It will hurt you and not help you if I don't tell you the truth.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You don't have to be sorry! I asked them few times pay me for my pants and what they costed 160 and they ignored it and didn't respond properly! Now u duno what they gona say tomorow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ya I did ask for pants cost but they didn't give it to me. That was the first week and they said owner til call me and now it's been 2 months , everytime I went there they said owner isn't there
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I suggest that you have a letter ready for them. If they don't agree to pay for your pants hand them the letter. The letter will set out the facts and demand that they compensate you for the return for the replacement of the pants by a deadline that you set. Say that if they fail to comply you will commence legal proceedings but then will also be seeking damages for inconvenience and your legal costs.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can it be just any printed letter ? I mean shouldn't it be like stamped letter by lawyer or court or something?
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

No. It is good enough for you to do your own letter. If you have to sue them in court and I can explain what to do later.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I'll ask tomorow if I'll have to thanx tho
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Let me know what happens!