Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

My husband, a canadian citizen, and i have been married yrs

Customer Question

Hi my husband , a canadian citizen, and i have been married for 2 yrs now. We both lived apart ever since marriage but visited ocassonally, we have grown apart becausw of the distance n age. He is twice time my age he wants to sponser me to canada but im very worried because of the changes ive seen. He manipulates me n threatens me at times if he doesnt have his way. Wat can i do? My biggest concern is comming to canada and he putting a hold on my pr card. Please help me
Damsel in distress
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Is this a legal question or a relationship question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Like really!!---
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question here is, is my husband capable of putting a hold on permenent resident card?
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

No he cannot put a hold on the PR card.

If you separate then you cannot attain residency status. He cannot continue to sponsor you if you separate, even if he wants to do so.

And he can also withdraw the sponsorship at any time. That would end the application completely and not put a hold on it.

Does that answer your question?