How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Muata Mahluli
, My issue is the duration of child

Customer Question

Customer: Muata Mahluli
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My issue is the duration of child support and jurisdiction. I live in Michigan and my ex-wife and daughter live in Windsor, Ontario.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $39) to post your type of question to Canada Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for requesting me.

How old is your daughter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is 19 years old. Attending the University of Windsor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The case is regarding child support duration. I live in Metro Detroit. Our child support case was handled by the Michigan Friend of the Court. Our divorce order outlined the duration of child support payments to age 18. My ex-wife has filed an application in the Ontario courts to extend the duration of child support. Is my original court order validate in the Canada courts?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have paid. Will my question be addressed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Will the child live at home when not at school?