How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100356
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Please. On July 1 our house burned while my husband and I

Customer Question

please. My name is***** 1 our house burned while my husband and I were asleep we were awakened by the fire alarms and our neighbour's yelling for us to get out. We were taken by ambulance to hospital and sustained smoke inhalation and I injured my leg. We had to jump from a second story window with only minutes to spare we were in hospital for 3 days for my husband and I had to stay another day. My question now is after this I went in std through my company with no problem. Ltd is now taking some time. I have been treated in ccac for dressings to my leg following surgery and suffer from ptsd and suffering from anxiety and depression. I am now on a third trial of anti depressant which looks like it is working. I can't go back to work. My stress level is still high. I am a mess. RBC IS THE INSURANCE carrier and after a couple of ,on the they still have not made a decision. So in your opinion should I seek legal advice or should I just wait.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Are they simply not providing a decision, are they indicating they will not cover you, or are they asking for more information such as medical report?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are just now adjudicating the file with their Dr's and nurses as of my phone call today. He the claim specialist said he just received the info from my Dr. Which is not true because I saw my Dr yesterday and she talked to him on Dec 21 and supplied the info.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Did they indicate when you would get a decision?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they didn't.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My original letter dated Dec 2 said a decision within 30days
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now they say there is new letter going out.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

If they say there is a new letter going out it doesn't yet make sense to pay a lawyer. When you receive the letter you will see what their decision is or whether they want more information. If the decision is negative of course you should retain a lawyer. If the letter is asking for more information and you feel that they are leaning towards not providing you with the benefits then you should retain a lawyer that point in time.

Does that answer your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you very much for help on this.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome.

Related Canada Law Questions