How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Iam retired Canadian rancher in alberta. I am being drag to

Customer Question

hi, iam retired Canadian rancher in alberta. I am being drag to court by American woman who lived here teling me I owe her 80 000 what should I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

What are the basic facts please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
11 years ago she lived with me then Canada custom order her her out of Canada now she claim that I owe her 80 000
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she put judgment against me for 80 000 I did not conteted, I do not owe her any money
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am being harassed by her. if I pay her outside the court .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
or she will sue me. her 10 year writ expired
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please don't charge my credit card until we enter some contract
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I don't know what you mean. Do you wish to go ahead or would you rather speak to customer service?

Related Canada Law Questions