How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MHPC Your Own Question
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 7
Experience:  Solicitor at Meredith Holmes Professional Corporation
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
MHPC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in BC and have a building scheme registered against

Customer Question

I live in BC and have a building scheme registered against the title on my home which is now 10 years old. It states that boats or RVs must be stored behind the home (not in the driveway). Is this enforceable? Who would enforce it? What are the possible penalties with non-compliance?
Thank you,
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  MHPC replied 1 year ago.

This is enforced by your town's by-law officers. They impose fines and issue orders for the removal of the boat or RV.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I have checked with the regional district's by-law officer and she has confirmed that there are no enforcement actions taken by the district related to parking vehicles, including trailers, on private property. The building scheme was registered by the developer and was not put in place by any government. Despite your very short answer to the contrary I am starting to believe that this would be a civil matter between the developer, who is still building in my subdivision, and whomever violated the building scheme. Surely there is more to it than by-law enforcemeant since no by-law is in place in the District of Sooke. Sean.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've attached the email I received form the District.