Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Dui
, i blew a 1.9 but was not charged with any other

Customer Question

Customer: dui
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i blew a 1.9 but was not charged with any other violations r the police allowed to pull me over for no reason?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $39) to post your type of question to Canada Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for requesting me.

The law is that the police are permitted to do random checks if they are checking about whether you have a licence or insurance or whether the car is in good working order. They do not have to have a belief that you are not meeting these conditions to be able to do this.

They cannot do a search of your car or anything like that.

As well the police are permitted to do random spot checks to determine if someone is impaired while driving.

Does that answer your question?