Canadian citizenship form questions?

Customer Question
canadian citizenship form questions?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/4/2016
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Debra, Lawyer

Please provide me the basic facts and then your question and then I will provide you with an answer.

i have my citizenship test a week from now... as i went over my citizenship application, i realized that i may have omitted one information..... Under Minor children education history (6G subsection), i did not put my son name because i read it as education history, my son is 3 yr old and lives with his mother in the united states. Today when i read the application form again, it dawned on me that i need to put his name even though he is a toddler.
what do i do now, do i let them know about missing information... if i inform them, will my application take another 6-7 months?
Or what if i not give that information, will it be deterrent when i apply for my son to come to canada a year from now
Also, i am trying to understand this in application, "Complete the information below for all children who were under the age of 18 in the four (4) years before the date of your application including those who are already Canadian".
What does this mean? does it mean going back to yr 2012 and onwards, if we were to calculate from today date..

When you applied for your PR status so long as you included your son you will not be precluded from sponsoring him.

But, if there is an error in your application then you must correct it.

You do not calculate from today's date but go back for the four years immediately preceding your application.

Your three year old does not have an education history.

when i applied for my Permanent resident in yr 2010 he was not born.... i came with my Permanent resident in hand in canada in 2011... my son was born in 2012 in united states.
Do i have to inform canadian immigration of his birth? the reason i ask is he is not mentioned anywhere all along....

There is no obligation to tell CIC about the birth of a child after you obtained PR status.

are you suggesting that if i omit that information now, it won't be an issue later when i have to sponsor my son to bring him to canada in my citizenship application.
are you a canadian immigration lawyer?

I am not suggesting that you omit any information. I said that if you made any mistakes on the form you must correct them. I simply said you do not have an obligation to inform CIC if a child is born after you obtained your status.

I am a lawyer in Canada but I do not practice in the area of immigration law.

i know that i need to correct the form and give the information required.
i just wanted to know how would it affect my application... in terms of time. will it be considered a fresh application and take another 6-7 months OR not? that is what i wanted to know.
Also, if i do not how it would affect me sponsoring my son later ?
I think someone with immigration experience would be better

As I said it will not affect your ability to sponsor your son.

It will not cause your application to be started over. This is just a minor correction.

There are no immigration lawyers on this site. But I have been answering immigration questions in this site for seven years.

Debra, Lawyer