How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I 't know what is the best thing to do now. My lawyer filed

Customer Question

I don't know what is the best thing to do now. My lawyer filed and application for child support arrears, spousal support and arrears and to settle property, along with my affidavit before Christmas. Since that was filed he refused to a sign consent order in his favor giving him the access that he wanted because his work schedule recently changed. We didn't get an order for Christmas access done until Dec. 22 and he breached a previous order by leaving the city with the children. He wants to get a custody assessment done- because we are asking him to pay the supports and property and he thinks a judge will hand the kids to him and he won't have to pay. I do have some medical issues that he already knew about that are discussed in my affidavit to show why I should get spousal support but they do not interfere with me looking after the children for 7.5 years. There is a court date on Jan 19 and he may bring that application for a custody assessment then. He will use this eczema thing to try to prove I am not looking after my son. So I don't know what to do now. If he brings an application for a custody assessment can we refute untruths in his affidavit and ask for sole custody? It always seems like he is doing something that is damaging the children psychologically and he can twist everything to blame me. He has always thought he is above the law and he can do whatever he wants and manipulate people and situations to get his way.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

What is your specific question this time? I'm not sure what more information you need.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If he brings an application for a custody assessment, can we refute any untruths in his affidavit and apply for sole custody?
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Yes. Did you not read my answers from last night? Please do that now.

And please rate the answer from last night now as I didn't get paid for it since you failed to rate it. I really cannot afford to work for free unfortunately.

Then we can continue here.

So please let me know when you've read it and when you've rated the other answer.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I read the answer and it is rated, now what do I do? Sorry I thought I could ask more questions about the same issue.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You can.

What more do you want to know?

Related Canada Law Questions