How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father passed away, he named my mother as the executor of

Customer Question

My father passed away, he named my mother as the executor of the will. She would like to have me act as executor. How do I proceed to be named as executor or act with my mother's power of attorny?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Does your mother want you to have full authority and responsibility or just assist her for the most part?

Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure what happened as I answered this with an information request yesterday but can see that my reply did not post.

I asked whether your mother wants to give up all authority or just have you do most of the work?

Who are the main beneficiaries?

Related Canada Law Questions