How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100428
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son in law born in Australia but nows lives in Canada

Customer Question

My son in law born in Australia but nows lives in Canada married to our daughter. Applied for a Canadian Resident Card and received his confirmation of acceptance on Oct 13/15. He has not received the Residency Card yet but was told he would of received it in 42 days back in October. He told them he and his Canadian wife and new baby were flying home to Australia near Melbourne to vist his family for xmas. They told him no problem it would arrive. They went to Australia and it still has not arrived and now the length of time is up to 85 days. He is a teacher in Calgary Alberta and must be back at work on Jan 4. He is flying back through LA on Jan 3. What can be done to allow him to travel by air into Canada. This whole system seems absurd. Please help
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear this. This is ridiculous to say the least.

He can get a travel document that will allow him to enter Canada and can use his Australian passport to board the plane.

Here is a link to the information he will need about getting the travel document:

Related Canada Law Questions