How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

2 Related Questions 1) If I am a dual Canadian and Japanese

Customer Question

2 Related Questions
1) If I am a dual Canadian and Japanese citizen, can the Japanese government ever compel the Canadian government to renounce my citizenship? For example, if I sign a declaration to the Japanese government that I will renounce my Canadian citizenship will that carry any weight in Canada? Note: I am over the age of 22.
2) I am applying for an I-485 Adjustment of Status application to concurrently complete the 2nd and 3rd final stages of the green card process, which includes the EAD and Advance Parole applications. Are there any concerns I should have about revealing my Japanese citizenship to US immigration (i.e. in addition to my Canadian citizenship)? Similar to my first question, will my Japanese citizenship be put at risk via the green card application process? Would any information in the Green Card application ever be shared with another country?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Only one question can be answered on this post. I am a lawyer in Canada and this questions is on the Canada law list. I can answer the first question. I do not know the law in the US. Or, if you wish I can ask the site to move this to the US law list. But no one there can answer the first question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Forget it. Please refund my deposit and refrain from charing my account. Thanks.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am a practicing lawyer and I do not work for the site. I can send a letter to customer service for you but your credit card will already have been charged.

I can ask them to provide you with a refund.

But, you can get both questions answered but just not on the same post. Do you understand what I mean?.

Lawyers cannot answer questions outside of their own jurisdiction. So had you had two related questions about the law in Canada I would have been able to answer. But unfortunately your two questions are about the laws into separate countries.