Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am looking. My elderly parents found what appears to be 2

Customer Question

Hi there,
I am looking for guidance. My elderly parents found what appears to be 2 tacks in a bar of Ivory soap. My dad showered and wondered why he had all these scratches on his arm and found it was caused by the bar of soap. This happened about 3 weeks ago and I just found out about it Christmas Day. They said they were to busy to deal with it now and frankly they are 78 and 75 years old and likely not sure how to deal with it. I have the soap. It could of caused a lot more damage than it did. Likely for my dad he just dealt with all the scratches. I don't know where to turn from here. My parents live of a government pension and have no money.
Can you suggest something for me?
Kind regards
***** *****
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you saying the only harm was to scratches on your father's arm?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lucky for him.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You can report this to public health and you can also report this to the store where your parents bought the soap and you can also report this to the soap manufacturer. But, aside from getting a replacement bar of soap there is nothing that your father would be entitled to because fortunately neither he nor your mother were harmed.

There has to be damages before they can be a lawsuit. There's nothing here for the courts to award because no one was harmed, thankfully.

Do you see what I mean?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome.

Take good care.